Thursday, March 5, 2009

Will Congress Listen - What is the American Standard???

I am fed up the "American Standard" Listen UP!

Hospitals are not cleaning to the Standard -Who decides if the hospital is clean?????
Well in my state and most their is NO governing authority to make them report other than
by survey methods. Well listen up the public needs to do a better job reporting by survey, writing, email & telephone calls.

Standards don't specify how rooms should be cleaned or what bacterial levels are unacceptable.
So how is the world are they going to measure "Infection Rates" ???

I believe from my personal experience - I expect a CLEAN, STERILE Room during my stay at the hospital to be VITAL part of my patient care. Its NOT everyone standard of care.
Its just NOT acceptable to me -What do you think????

The CDC claims that 1.7 million people contract infections in U.S. hospitals each year.

Together we can make a difference!

No comments: